The Hotel Association of Tanzania (HAT)
Expects the following from its members
- To maintain high standards of hospitality and to ensure that facilities and services advertised are offered.
- To deal promptly and courteously with all enquiries, reservations, correspondence and complaints from guests.
- To clearly state in advertisements, on websites, and through other promotional channels what is included or excluded, including taxes and surcharges.
- To describe fairly, online, in print, and in other forms, the amenities, facilities and services provided by the establishment.
- To provide each guest with a bill and receipt that provides a detailed accounting of charges incurred during their stay.
- To ensure, within the bounds of legal liability, the safety of guests and staff alike and their possessions.
- To prevent any form of discrimination against guests and staff alike, notwithstanding the hotel’s Right of Admission.
- To discourage payment of commission to establishments other than licensed tour operators or travel agents.
- To adhere to the Labour Laws in all dealings with staff.
- To support workforce and career development within the industry, by providing employees with ongoing training and education and advancement opportunities.
- To actively participate in initiatives aimed at improving the image and quality of service of the Tanzanian hospitality industry.